Although the beginnings of Beats might have been humble, this name has become one of the most successful ones in the audio industry. The story started in 2007 when Dr. Dre, the famous hip hop star, and Jimmy Iovine, a seasoned record executive, collaborated to produce headphones that can be used in various contexts and occasions.
In the beginning, Beats cooperated with Monster Cable, and the first Beats headphones were born in 2008. Today, different models and versions are available, so you can always pick your favorite pair.
So, can you go running with Beats headphones? Which headphones should you pick for your next run? Keep on reading to find out.
Running With Beats Headphones
Over the years, Beats has managed to make a name for itself among the most popular audio brands. Today, a lot of sound technicians, musicians, music producers, and artists swear by its audio quality and are always waiting for the upcoming release.
But running with Beats headphones is amazingly appealing because these headphones come with a list of exceptional features that make them the perfect choice for every run.
- The main feature that sets Beats from all other headphones is that they bring the quality of professional studio recording to the public. The audio quality is exceptionally better than other brands, which is something that music lovers will love.
- Beats headphones are built for comfort and convenience, so the latest release is 13% lighter than the original one. Because they’re lightweight, you won’t feel restricted, hot, or uncomfortable when you run for long distances.
- The earcups are ergonomically designed, so they won’t add pressure or cause discomfort.
- These headphones fit securely, so they won’t move as you run, and you’ll keep on enjoying your favorite music no matter how fast you go on the trail.
- The wireless headphones have a Bluetooth function that allows you to skip songs and change the volume within 30 feet of your mobile phone. Of course, you won’t be able to leave your phone behind when you’re going for a run, but you can definitely put this feature into use if you’re running on a treadmill or even while running on a trail, as you won’t have to worry about getting the phone out of your pocket.
- Without having to touch your phone, you can switch between songs and incoming calls while you’re running.
- The noise cancellation feature will mute the sounds of your surroundings, so you can focus on nothing but your running and the music you’re listening to.
- All Beats headphones can easily fold into a compact form for easy and convenient storage.
- The latest edition of Beats automatically shuts off when you unplug it, thus saving the battery charge.
- Beats headphones feature a fast recharge option, so you can listen to your favorite music even if you forgot to charge your headphone’s battery overnight.
- There are three different versions of Beats headphones, in-ear, on-ear, and over-ear, so you can choose the most comfortable one that works for you.
- Beats headphones quickly pair with all smartphone brands, so you’ll never miss a call or a song.
- You can share your favorite playlist with your running partner by pairing your Beats headphones with theirs. Of course, you can also pair your headphones with their AirPods.
- Beats headphones come in vibrant and catchy colors, so you can find the perfect pair that matches your outfit.
- The headphones are sweat and water-resistant, so they won’t get damaged if it rains slightly or your face gets wet with sweat.
Running With Beats Headphones: Safety
After going through the features of Beats, it’s quite clear that these headphones are the best for runners who love to enjoy their favorite music tracks while working out. However, there are several precautions that you need to follow to make sure that you’re running safely with your headphones.
- Wear your headphones only on a sidewalk, path, or running trail. If your path crosses a road, remove or switch off your headphones to pay attention to the traffic. According to research, 37 million people might get involved in accidents because of distraction danger.
- Deactivate noise cancellation when you’re running on a challenging trail. This way, you’ll be able to hear others if someone is asking for help or is trying to draw your attention to a hazardous situation.
- Make sure that your headphones fit properly. This way, they won’t fall, dangle, or hit someone else if they’re not secured.
- Keep the headphone cord under your t-shirt. A loose cord can get entangled with a branch or any other object, and you might suffer from a painful injury, in addition to damaging and ruining your headphones.
- If you can, go wireless. Wireless headphones are just as good as wired ones, but they’re easier to carry and use. You don’t have to worry about the hanging cord, and you can easily access all functions without touching your phone.
- If you’re running on a sidewalk, run against the incoming traffic. This will allow you to see cars, cyclists, and pedestrians coming your way.
- If you’re running on a bike trail, keep on running to the side. Running in the middle of the trail can be a great distraction to other cyclists who might have to turn to avoid hitting you.
- Turn off the music if you’re running on a busy or challenging trail. You need to be highly focused on running without hitting an obstacle or another runner.
- Always clean your headphones after every run. The sweat, dust, and other debris can accumulate on the surface of the headphones and eventually cause painful ear infections.
How to Choose the Best Beats Headphones for Running
With different models of Beats headphones released over the years, choosing the right pair can be a little challenging. Here are some features to think about.
- The latest editions of Beats headphones are quite expensive, but you can find the classic ones for a good price. Remember that the more you pay, the more features you’ll enjoy.
- Think about the differences between in-ear, on-ear, or over-ear models. An over-ear model offers the most comfortable fit, while an in-ear one is the lightest. If your ears tend to get too hot, an in-ear or on-ear model will work better.
- Choose between a wired and a wireless model. While wireless models are more practical and lighter, a wired one is more reliable because you don’t have to worry about battery life.
- Think about the color of your headphones. Some Beats headphones are glow-in-the-dark models, so they’ll work for you if you want to go running at night as they’ll make others aware of your presence.
Maintaining your Beats Headphones
Because your Beats headphones represent a worthy investment, you want to keep them functioning for as long as you can. Here are some cleaning and maintenance tips to keep your headphones in top shape.
- Use a dry and smooth cloth to wipe your headphones from the inside and the outside.
- Don’t use aerosol sprays or solvents to clean the headphones as they can damage the internal parts.
- Use a damp cloth with soap to clean the headband and the cushions. Avoid using a wet cloth on the ear cups.
- Keep your headphones in a dry, cool place when not used for long periods. Avoid leaving them in humid, hot, or wet conditions, and remember that they’re not waterproof.
- If you want to disconnect your wired headphones from the phone or music player, grasp the plug and pull it out. Avoid pulling the cable as this can damage it.
- Store your headphones in the protective case and use this case to carry them around, even if you’re keeping them in a backpack.
- Avoid carrying other items in the headphone’s case.
Which Beats Headphones Should You Choose?
The best thing about Beats headphones is that there’s a suitable model for every user. Here are some of the best models to choose from.
Beats Studio3 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
Studio 3 headphones are the latest in this line by Beats and are designed to make the dreams of every music lover come true. The over-ear design is an excellent choice for runners, and the ergonomic and lightweight construction won’t restrict you.
- Headphones come in seven different colors
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Wireless noise-canceling feature
- Real-time audio calibration to maintain professional audio quality
- Spatial audio for an immersive experience
- Can be used wired or wireless
- When charged, the headphones will last for up 22 hours of playback
- Industry-leading Bluetooth technology to keep you connected
- Fast recharge option to provide 3 hours of playback
- Controls are easily accessible while you’re running or working out
What People Say
Users agree that these headphones are perfect for noise cancellation. An Amazon buyer swears that these headphones could cancel the screams of her five little girls when they were playing together, so they’ll work wonders if running is considered a meditation that keeps you sane.
Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
If the Beats Studio 3 headphones seem too expensive, you can experience an amazing audio experience with the Solo 3 model. These headphones are built of high-quality materials, and they won’t disappoint you as you hit the trail while listening to your favorite tracks.
- On-ear model for a custom and comfortable fit
- A quick 5-minute charge will provide you with 3 hours of playback
- Comfortable padding that touches the ear
- When used in a wireless mood, the headphones have a 40-hour battery life
- Durable construction with an adjustable fit
- Lightweight design for people who get too hot
- Come in three colors
- Support spatial audio
What People Say
Beats Solo 3 Headphones will be the right choice for you if you want to enjoy Beats’ unmatched quality for an affordable price. They don’t come with a noise cancellation feature, but they’re still a great addition to your running gear because they allow you to enjoy your favorite tracks in the best audio quality. A buyer says that because they’re lightweight and small, they’re perfect for those who have smaller ears because they don’t feel as heavy or uncomfortable.
Beats Solo Pro Wireless On-Ear Headphones
These headphones are specifically designed to work with your iPhone or iPad. They provide active noise cancellation, allowing you to enjoy a highly immersive experience of your favorite music while you’re running. They’re like a mix of the best that Beats Solo and Beats Studio offer in an impressive pair of headphones.
- Come in six vibrant colors with a matt finish
- On-ear lightweight design for more comfort
- Durable constructions with high-quality materials
- Siri integration for the best experience with your iPhone
- Headphones can be paired with iOS and Android devices
- Active noise cancellation for an impressive audio experience
- Transparency mode that allows some of the outside noise to pass through for more safety
What People Say
Beats Solo Pro headphones provide state-of-the-art active noise cancellation, so they’ll be an excellent choice if you want to focus on your running and music. However, buyers agree that the transparency mode is an excellent choice because it allows some of the outside noises to pass through. The combination of the bold colors and exceptional sound will make it a worthy addition to your running gear.
Running with your headphones is a great way to unwind and enjoy your favorite music tracks. Beats headphones are exceptional because they’re built to last and come in several models and colors to help you pick the most suitable and comfortable one.
Some Beats headphones offer active noise cancellation, while others don’t. This can be a good feature if you’re running on a safe running trail but should be avoided if you’re running on a path that crosses a road.
Make sure that you’re choosing the right fit and keep your Beats headphones clean after every run. They’ll last for long if you keep them in the protective case and store it in a dark, cool place.